Through emails, phone calls and online messaging, one of the most common questions we get at ClutchCanada.com is “how do I sell my car?”. While Kijiji and AutoTrader are very popular, navigating the stormy seas of new/used/certified, dealer, and non-dealer sellers, it can sometimes feel like the Wild West.
Kijiji recommends that buyers pay for all items in person (see image). For such a large purchase, we doubt anyone feels comfortable with this approach.
Clutch specializes in helping consumers sell their vehicles while handling all of the messy paperwork and uncertainty that comes with selling privately.
“Thank you for taking care of this – you guys rock”
– Glenn G.
There are two options that a seller can take when they’re looking to sell their vehicle:
- Trade-Ins: ClutchCanada.com provides all of the same services as a traditional dealer and we’ll do it from the comfort of your driveway. Trading in your vehicle is most beneficial when you’re actually purchasing another vehicle. This is because the trade-in value is applied to your new purchase above the tax line.
- Clutch’s Sell My Car: while it doesn’t happen instantly, it’s one of the best ways to get the best price for your vehicle, you are able to able to step away and let professionals at Clutch handle the transaction.
With Clutch’s Sell My Car, you can expect the following:
- We pick up your vehicle
- Get a Motor Vehicle Inspection (MVI) completed – on us!
- Provide a CarProof (so the buyer can be sure of its history)
- Professionally detail the vehicle
- Photograph and upload to ClutchCanada.com & cover marketing expenses
- Provide test drives to qualified buyers
- Upon sale of the vehicle, we facilitate the transfer of ownership then send you a cheque *cha-ching!*
How does Clutch price the vehicle? Clutch and the Seller agree on a minimum selling price, anything above, we split evenly.
If you’re interested in listing your car through Clutch, follow these steps:
- Get in contact with Clutch – we are available by phone (902) 800-8042 or email email@example.com
- Next, we’re going to ask you for the following vehicle information
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN #): 17 digit number that acts as the fingerprint of the vehicle. This can be found at the base of the windshield on the driver’s side
- Odometer Reading (KMs)
- Trim Level (E.g. if your car is a 2017 Nissan Altima, is it an S, SV, SL?)
- Disclose any information of prior accidents/damages
- Photos of the vehicle (quick exterior/interior)
- Once you provide the details listed above, we’ll arrange a time and place to come pick it up! We do all the work from here and let you know once it’s listed!
Pretty simple, right? On our end, once we inspect the vehicle, if there are any minor repairs that we feel would increase the value more than the price of the repair, we’ll give you a call and discuss if that’s a route you’d like to take.
Finally, if you’re still interested in testing out the Kijiji route, be sure to check out Clutch’s post: “Selling Through Kijiji? A Few Pro Tips from Clutch“.
– The Clutch Team